I’ve been tagged for a blog award by a kind fellow blogger Momina, so here goes the post.
I’d start off by thanking Momina for this, because as much as I feel obliged, I also see this as an opportunity to reflect upon Self and everything that has to do with it. The questions really made me think and sometimes even ponder upon the dark alleys of the city within which I shy away from usually. But this made me listen to the noises emanated by that very city.
So the rules are:
- If you get tagged you post eleven facts about yourself.
- You answer the eleven questions given to you by the person who tagged you.
- Further tag eleven bloggers.
- Give them eleven questions to answer.
- No tagging back.
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT MYSELF:
- I do not hold the susceptibility to get bored, for there will always be a book, internet, a mobile, an ipod, a pen, a paper, or at least ground to engrave words in around.
- I’m obfuscated by the Universe, its entirety and infinite perpetuity but above all its existence.
- My mind is host to an eternal war between the opposites.
- The five abnormally long fellows attached to my palm have the ability to bend backwards.
- I have had the tortures of an eye surgery, bone marrow, broken finger and teeth braces levied upon my frail body in the brief existence of my Self.
- I’m a believer of Will and the Ways it can make.
- I believe I have a novel within me, at least one if not many, waiting to come out. Ah! but maybe it’s just a dream, but then again they do say optimistic things regarding this subject.
- As already stated, or perhaps overstated, on this blog: I crave fame and all the positive changes a man may make with the authority and relevance it brings to your thoughts and actions.
- I adore rain but abhor lightning.
- Friendships are a confusingly volatile affair; The abundance of vulnerability to get hurt that comes with it is depressing to me.
- I think many facts are fat lies. These are not, because I do not see the above bullets as strictly “facts”. These are mere reflection of my mind on paper regarding my feelings and views. And my mind doesn’t understand me that much either.
- Favorite quote, and why?
“I don’t think I’m tangible to myself. I mean, I think one thing today and I think another thing tomorrow. I change during the course of a day. I wake and I’m one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I’m somebody else. I don’t know who I am most of the time. It doesn’t even matter to me.”
Now such a painfully honest judgment of oneself coming from someone so profoundly influential and effective as Dylan is a comforting thing for me since the quote sums up much of what I am. I do not know what I want but yet I do. I have ever changing tastes in music, movies and books. I think good and bad of a person within the very hour or even simultaneously. If I sit upon judgment on myself, I can’t; firstly because I just cannot figure out anything of substance and secondly because the truths I find about myself are hard and affronting. So I just nod along to Mr. Dylan here and choose to accept the only thing about myself that I can be sure of: I change and I can’t afford to care.
- One thing about you that people wouldn’t assume by looking at you?
I’m an inherently shy person contrary to my bouncing, cheery and generally confident appearance.
- Would you rather forgive something said about you or verbally lash the person who said it?
I would want to communicate my feelings in a polite yet decisive manner first, and then think about forgiving.
- Something about you that makes you really proud.
I have a (mostly self proclaimed) skill with words.
- A single favorite book you wouldn’t mind reading twice or thrice. Why?
Asking an avid reader to name his favorite book is akin to asking a mother to name her favorite child. But although I may not be able to name my favorite book, I will not be able to do so even more if you’re asking me to name a book I’d want to read again. I’ve never read a work twice. I read with scrupulous attention to everything in a book to an extent where I do not need re reads. Moreover I’m a slow reader so I cannot afford to spend time discovering an already discovered America; Let’s explore space, I mean.
But I would quite contentedly re read a poem collection by Poe, Frost, Blake, Cecil Day-Lewis etc. as poetry has something new to offer in each read.
- One person whose (God forbid) death would change you? Why?
If the person I call “Me” and you call Usama dies, that would change me. My body shall be served in the tray of grave in an underground banquet of dilapidation; Feasted upon by the plague and insects. And when I’ll rest in a million pieces in the now replete bellies of these small beings with their appetites satisfied, I would slowly be excreted and after many years, turned into fuel. This fuel may then once run a teleporting automobile of a kid from the 30th century New World Order. And I shall then turn to smoke, sound and energy.
And my soul, it shall soar away into realms we do not understand and aren’t meant to wither.
- What’s that which you desire the most from life?
Huh! Simple: Happiness.
- Your favorite word. Yes, word.
Rem acu tetigisti, a phrase but still.
- Beauty comes from ______ ?
Beauty comes from within the eye of the beholder.
- Five things that life is about.
- Words for you are?
You mean to ask about the words which describe me or what do words mean to me?
I’ll assume the latter because as discussed earlier, I can’t describe myself.
I see words as bricks that build a mansion, as an arrow which kills the dear and as a flowers which brings alive the garden i.e. They constitute sentences to express ideas and feelings as a vivid whole upon a page and they have the ability to harm as well as beautify.
They help me create, and creating is marvelous.
QUESTIONS THE TAGGED VICTIMS HAVE TO ANSWER:
1) What does life mean to you?
2) If the world was to end tomorrow, what would you do?
3) What is it that scares you the most?
4) What is your favorite singer/band, song, book, actor, actress and movie of all times? List all.
5) Ginnie emerges from within the mist and inquires about your three wishes. What do you say?
6) If you had to, what would you eat? A cockroach or a lizard.
7) Who are you and where would you rather be?
8) Write a few lined letter to your 30 years old self.
9) Which super power would you prefer to possess?
10) If you could resurrect one historical figure and spend a day with him/her, who would it be?
11) If you are the last person on Earth and have to write about Earth and everything that was within it in a paragraph for any soul to find, what would you write?